Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Palm Watching

This is the new phone that I got for my birthday! A Palm Centro.
I feel like a rockstar. All I need is on this pocket size device.
Phone, internet, TV, Camera, email, GPS, text and my calendar all rolled into one!
It makes me feel pretty cool and important.
Too bad it can't help my baby with his very sore mouth that has a new TOOTH in it!!! Teddy is drooling like a mad man. This new tooth has caused quite a bit of discomfort for our sweet boy.
OK.....now, I feel like I need to clear a few things up.
Emmitt seems to believe that all I do is watch the TV and eat the FOOD. (see last post)
I have been reminded by just a few people that I also Talk on the Phone and surf the Internet.
While Clayton is a work slaving away and I am at home watching TV, eating the Food, Talking on the Phone and surfing the internet I am also WORKING!!!!!

I average:
3 sack lunches
22 meals
3 loads of laundry a day
5 sets of dishes
4 sweeps of the floor
1 vacuuming of the main areas
10 diaper changes
5 baths
May I now remind everyone...(Emmitt) that the list above only consists of things that are done so that I can actually start my work as a mom. See the list below that is made on a daily basis.


Somehow it seems to get done while I am watching TV and eating the food.
I hope Emmitt knows that my favorite part of my job is that I get to do all of this for him. That as I pack his lunch each morning I hope he will think I did a good job.
I think that Emmitt's conversation with the ice cream man is proof that
I am indeed doing a good job.
The goal is not to make sure our kids to see how hard we work for them.
The goal is to get it all done and still have time to look like you are having fun.
Guess I've done that.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You ARE a busy mama! But you're right, you must make it look so easy that they don't notice how much you're really getting done. They're lucky kids to have such a good mama.

Jacob said...

I love it! The tasks are never finished and the lists seem to never end! Maybe if Emmit saw the list and you decided to divide part of it with him he would think twice about sending you off to scoop ice-cream!

You do a great job and you're kids are very adorable! We miss seeing you at church and hometeaching!