Friday, March 21, 2008

Mommy needs a JOB!

This was Emmitt's conversation with the man behind the counter at the ice cream shop yesterday:

Emmitt: "My mom should work here and then I can come with her to work and eat all the ice cream!"

Man: "Your mom looks pretty busy taking care of four kids."

Emmitt: "No, my dad goes to work all day at a bank and all my mom does is stay home and watch TV and eat food."

Man: "Well, then maybe she should work here."

Need I say more?

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is so funny. Leave it to your kids to expose you! I'm sure Charlie will have lots of similar material when he's Emmitt's age.

leah said...

WHAT?! he forgot "surf the web!"
;)

Aly said...

Hey Ali,

I'm your cousin, Aly. So, I must admit I have lurked on your blog for a while after realizing that most of the links from Emily's blog were my family, too! I wish I knew you, but now, I feel like I do a little! Uncle Ralph used to talk about you and your brothers and sister all the time. He'd always tell me he had an Ali, too. Maybe someday we'll all get to hang out. Let's plan a destination vacation for cousins! Much love, Aly

Melissa said...

This is hilarious! I hope that he sees your list and gets a reality check! Personally, I'm amazed that you do all that and then can still LOOK like you're having fun. By the time Mike gets home I'm ready for bed! Maybe that's just pregnancy, but I think it has a lot to do with me!