A month ago, I was so busy that I never had time to check my emails. So much so that sometimes people would need to call me and tell me they had sent me one. Now, I think my send/receive button may be failing. I only got 6 emails today. People must think that I am much to busy to send me emails, or, is it that I call everyone a few hundred times each day so there is no need for them to email me? What a sad state to be in when you look forward to the email from the family website letting you know that what you read two days ago is "What's happening" in the Hancock family. I actually read my junk mail daily just to have something to do. Did you know that you can buy a bottle of Viagra on the internet for only $20?
I never thought I would hear mysef say things like:
"Betsy, don't tell anyone, but I am changing my sheets all by myself." Like, maybe I will get in trouble. The bed rest police might find out. (By the way, the bed rest police a.k.a. Clayton didn't even notice.)
"Sister Terry, I would love for you to bring 3 loaves of bread already made into peanut butter sandwiches over! But, I stink."
"I just wish I could clean my house!"
"Look, Calvin, Mommy is making another afghan. It is half way done and has only taken me ONE day!"
"Calvin, don't you want to sit and just talk to me, PLEASE?"
"John, hi! How is your new house? Tell me all about it!"
(this one is especially bad! I know I am in trouble when the highlight of my day was when my ex-husband was over)
I never thought I would hear things like this:
in Emmitt's prayer "Please help mommy get out of bed soon"
"No, don't get up! Just lay there and do nothing."
"What smells in here?"
I know, I know, it's all for a good cause! Let's just hope the good cause is very cute!
I recorded all of this for myself. I am hoping that in a couple of months when this is all over and I am the mother of four kids, running around like a chicken with my head cut off I will read it and once again realize that being a mommy is much more fun that sitting in bed eating bon bons!
I miss my car. I miss the grocery store. I miss the chaos. I miss my kids. I miss my life.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This is cracking me up! I love it and am soooo glad that you captured this crazy moment in your life. BTW, where is my afghan? :)
Hi Ali! Your hilarious! This is your cousin Mike's wife, Melissa! I don't have your email, but I figured you would get one from blogger notifying you of my comment!
I love to crochet and knit too, we should get together sometime (I'm thinking your house) and make pot holders! What fun! You haven't done that yet by the looks of your blog!
Take care!
Post a Comment