We all went to watch Calvin and Emmit race their cars in the Pine Wood Derby Race last night.
Daddy and the boys have spent countless hours on these cars in thew past couple of weeks. They turned this would-be art project into a science lesson. The boys learned about car shapes and where to add weight and take it out, how to improve the speed by super-sanding the axles and what it takes to make a champion Pine Wood Derby Car.
We are thrilled that Calvin won First Place in the Race!
Emmitt's Car was so fast. We are sure that when he is a cub scout, he will have great chances to win!
Our Winning Cars:
The Silver Shark
and
the 1st Place Winner:



3 comments:
Woohoo! We have a pinewood derby at work every year but I have never come close to winning (yes, grown-up architect-geeks). Perhaps because I am more interested in the "look". Two years ago I made a pickle car and last year I made a swiss cheese car. It is fun though, and those are some fast-looking cars.
woohoo! congrats!
CALVIN!! I'm so happy for you! And the Golden Dragon + the Silver Shark are by far the coolest names I've ever heard.
Miss you guys :)
Marissa
Post a Comment