So, here I sit on my 5th day of full-on bed rest with at least 25 days left to go.......but who's counting?
How many times have I prayed for a break? How many times have I wished that I could just lay in bed all day and do nothing? It's like the doctors have told me to lay around and eat bon bons all day and now all I want to do is clean my house!
It has been years since I was able to read an entire magazine article in one day and yet I have already managed to read two 500 page books. I have decided that the only way to make it through is to try to relax and enjoy this down time.
Meanwhile Clayton is running around doing my job and his. Quite well I must add. The house is clean and the kids are very happy. I just wish I could be a part of that. It is hard to watch them be OK without me when I thought I was the only one that could do my job. Come to find out, I have a husband that can do it ALL with a smile on his face. I think my attitude may be a little different when this is all over. At least I don't have to do my job and his.
I feel so lucky to have Clayton here for me. I know that he is the one that is making this all work. He goes to bed unbelievably late each night and still rises with out complaining at the first sound of Liesel waking. I only wish I could say that if the table were turned and he was the one in bed that I would be as good at it as he is.
He picked out Liesel's clothes for church today and once again I am in LOVE. He picked out a blue shirt and little jumper and even remembered her tights. Who would have thought that I would be so lucky to have a husband that can pick out little girl clothes for church and do it well?
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yessssss! I'm the first to comment on your blog!
I can only imagine what bedrest would be like. Sounds like you've got a pretty good setup, though.
I can't wait to see more! Your kids are the CUTEST!
Hi Ali! What a great thing to do when you can't get up and do the usual Mommy stuff. The crocheted cloth is great! I didn't send you the knitting stuff yet. So sorry. But soon - I didn't forget.
I'm glad you know how blessed you are to have Clayton help you so much. Just think pretty soon you'll have four to take pretty pictures of.
Eddy's (Eddie's?) blanket is about 15 inches long now. I better hurry!
Take good care of yourself. I love you, little Ali.
Post a Comment